miércoles, 8 de octubre de 2014

The Word becomes Life: "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word”

In October, a Claretian and missionary month, we start a periodical posted. The testimony from several Lay Claretian of how God's Word has challenged their lives. Sharing faith, sharing life.

 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me. “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. John 14:23-26 

In my life I always enjoyed religious education, which was transformed into an encounter with God when I came across His Word. This Word did not speak to me about rules or precepts that I could not understand, It spoke of love, something so easy but so difficult at the same time. ... Heed his Word in a world where what prevails is the power, have, enjoy ... I was more or less quiet living the faith in my own way, I loved the Lord, I celebrated the Eucharist ... but I was not happy, and how not to be happy if God loves me? As time went by I realized, Who loves me will obey my word; and my Father will love him, and my Father and I will come to live with him (Jn 14:23), I was reading his Word but I paid attention to mine. Eventually it was about time for me to make life review in the group I was in, and I realized I met the Word, but I did not love him, I only knew it. Then I began to rethink my life. From prayer, not listen to me but listen to the Word: What does God want from me ?, and it's at this moment when I realize that God was always there for me, waiting for me to open up to his love me and let me guide by his Holy Spirit. That I leave me be transformed by Him as Mary did. Since then I fall as a human, but I get up knowing that He is with me and loves me. That he doesn't want me just to be good, but holy. That I walk by with the power of the Holy Spirit following His Word. Making him to be known to others. This is now my task.

José Portaz, sc (Pentecostés, Bética)

Our spiritual life is nourished, expressed and developed by the Word of God, liturgical praise, prayer and the sacraments, above all by the Eucharist and the sacrament of our brothers and sisters. The Word of God is the primary source of our spirituality. It discloses God's saving plan to us, and fortifies and encourages us in building up the Kingdom. Accepted with docility, it demands that we constantly change our lives in order to fulfill the Father's will and Jesus Christ (LayClaretian Sourcebook 36,37)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario